Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

So as I sit here creating this blog, the clock has passed midnight, so it is now officially my first Mother's Day. So Happy Mother's Day to me and all the other mommies out there! May you have a wonderful day with your babies.

Personally, my own mother already brought me a flower and poem. Aww! My husband's not so great at surprises, so he bought me a card a target about 4 hours ago as I stood right next to him picking out a card for HIS mom. Yeah. =)

I'm not sure how I want to organize this blog just yet, but why not start with a couple recommendations for the week? A book I recently read that I think other mommies might enjoy is Things I Want My Daughters To Know. From Publishers Weekly:

Noble (The Reading Group) hits her stride in her tearjerker fourth novel. Before Barbara Forbes, a mother of four, succumbs to terminal cancer, she leaves words of wisdom for her four daughters in the form of letters to each of them. In the year following Barbara's death, her daughters draw strength from her words and from each other as they move forward with their lives. Lisa, the eldest, is advised to "let someone look after [her]" for a change. Jennifer, "fragile and hard to reach," struggles with an unraveling marriage. Free-spirited Amanda is thrown for a loop by a family secret, and teenaged Hannah, experiencing her first taste of rebellion, is reminded that she still has a lot of growing up to do. Though Barbara's life-is-short aphorisms are nothing new, her sharp wit and distinctive voice is a nice complement to the four nuanced stories of coping with death. (Apr.) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

I really enjoyed this book, and actually I didn't know until I posted this review that it was her fourth novel. I'm going to have to check out her others and add them to my reading list!

My mommy product recommendation for this week will be the Peanut Shell. I'm a huge fan of baby wearing, and I absolutely love my Peanut Shell! The only downside is that I wish I could still use the cradle carry, because Isa loved it so much! She's gotten a bit big for that carry anymore though, but we can still use the other holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment