Saturday, April 24, 2010

Accomplishments

Well I have some wonderful news to share. I am very proud to say that this week I finished my Master's degree in Educational Technology. I also earned straight As! Very excited to be finished and get some free time back. Hopefully I'll be able to post a lot more now =)

One of the things (there are many) I've decided to do with my free time is learn how to knit! I'm working on teaching myself using a variety of resources. I started with a few Howcast videos.
"Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Known for high-quality content, Howcast streams tens of millions of videos every month across its multi-platform distribution network. For those who want to know while on the go, Howcast offers the #1 mobile platform for instructional content in the world with over one million downloads of its iPhone app, and recently launched its Google Android app to critical acclaim."

The iPhone app has been so helpful when I needed to be observant of my mischevious 18 month old, yet wanted to learn how to "cast on".

Also nice is the Lion Brand iPhone app. Although I'm still learning and not yet ready to make anything, it's a nice starting resource for FREE patterns!
I'm really looking forward to getting to the point where I can actually create something =)

No comments:

Post a Comment