Saturday, February 9, 2013

Veggie Juice

Today after a big trip to Costco to get more produce we were ready to make some more juice! We invested in a lot more veggies this time and I found a recipe on the Omega website. This veggie juice didn't seem to call for all that much, so I didn't think it would make a lot. I doubled the recipe for us:

Veggie Juice
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 3 carrots
  • 1/2 apple
yield: 20oz (WHEN THE RECIPE IS DOUBLED)
Juice cucumbers with their skins on. The dark green skin is a great source of chlorophyll, a phytochemical that can help build red blood cells. Make sure to wash them before juicing.
While it was still a good juice, it wasn't my favorite. The cucumber smell and taste were very noticable. I think if we make it ahead I would double the apple or maybe even add another fruit. Also, drink it right away because if you let it sit you'll notice the juice brown the way a cut apple would.

2 comments:

  1. Not going to lie...juicing is nit something I've ever wanted to go, but you are making me interested. I may have to try it!!!

    *AND*
    Head over to my blog. I nominated you for the liebster award!
    Congrats and keep up the good work with your blog!

    Suzi @ chores and chandeliers
    http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought it was cool, but thought taking it on was way too big of a task! I had some recent health issues (that you know about) that gave me a push to try it =)

    ReplyDelete